Saturday, August 8, 2009
Defloration
I'm concerned about the state of things. Mostly, I worry about my lack of inspiration and initiative when I'm sober. I tend to edit when I'm sober, spending hours poring over the grammatical minutiae of a piece that took me ten minutes to bust out when I was loaded. So, do I accept the fact that I can put out when I'm lit and just relegate my creativity to these inebriate instances, or do I push through inconsistency and banality and force myself into a creative routine? I don't want to emulate all these dead heroes; genius drunks who could translate that slurred world into something identifiable, but goddamn if it isn't easier. I'll post some garbage up here from time to time, so please be free with the editorial comments. This tiny taste of blogdom has left me sticky in my nethers and needing a shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment